« Home | Shoes for Peanut - checkWarmer clothes for Peanut ... » | Busy week, sort of. Full of random things. There... » | Murphy's Law of Home Improvement Bites us on the a... » | Two new projects for this weekend: knitting and h... » | As mentioned in my 100 things list, I am a hippie ... » | I'm still here. I've been spending so much time p... » | 100 Things »

Back from a lovely weekend in the mountains. I'm still enjoying a vacation day, as I had a midwives appointment this afternoon and figured I'd rather extend the weekend rather than muck up a day at work.
Camp was great. What I enjoyed most this trip, oddly, was the fresh air. Not that the air isn't fresh outside at home, but in the Allegheny forest it smells like ferns and hickory nuts and sassafrass. Add to that the smell of campfire and simmering stew and I was in olfactory heaven. (will leave out the bit about the outhouse - no running water up at camp) Having Super Pregnant-Nose powers this summer has been less than delightful. No matter how clean the house is, all I notice is mildew and dog. Trust me when I say that the house is clean, I just have abnormal powers of smelling at the moment.

On the knitting front - dismally little progress made. At camp there is little to do, but lots to do at the same time. Communal meals need to be prepared whilst the menfolk chop communal wood. Communal dishes need washing. Communal dogs and children require minding. While there was no shortage of eager babysitters, most of the time I couldn't let Anna out of my sight for more than a second, or she'd wander off to play with the pretty chainsaws, or in the path of the flying logs being split, or stumble into the fire ring. I had looked forward to a chance to sneak away and take a nice long walk with the spouse, but it was not to be. Nor did I get a chance to do more than finish the front of Squirmy's outfit and start up a back leg. I did manage to pick up ~750yds of light worsted (almost dk wt, I think) pure charcoal alpaca at the local llama farm and fiber shop. I love to jam my fingers into the middle of it and squeeze (the yarn, not the shop). It is destined to be a "clapotis," not that I need a new scarf or a new project.

Having found your blog, I am pleased. I will not chastise you for using blogger, since I have actually been pleased with blogger's API and design freedom. I am also proud of you for building your own template and having a very conversational writing style. Good show, m'sister!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Sarah
  • From Pittsburgh, United States
My profile
www.flickr.com

Links