« Home | Happy (belated) Easter » | Kntting photos » | Son of a motherless goat! » | On living in the moment » | Multitasking » | Whoof. (random entry) » | Too smart » | It's freezing in here! Or things I'll do to show ... » | I just tucked my 2yr old daughter into bed with a ... » | Raw sex in River City! »

Sleepy. . . you are getting sleepy. . .

I'm not sure if it's because we've done the parenting a newborn thing already, or if it's because the 2nd kid is a "new improved!" model, but this one sleeps better. Imagine the wonder of a child that, at the tender age of four months, actually consents to sleep in her crib! For several hours! Without screaming!
I can hear all you non-parents thinking, "What's so great about a baby sleeping in a crib? Isn't that what they're supposed to do?"
A ha ha ha ha haaaa. Snort.
(All you parents out there who were fortunate enough to have kids that went to sleep placidly in their cribs for 12hr stretches at three weeks old can please sod off.)

The glorious upshot of all this sleepage is that on the rare nights I get both girls down to sleep before 9:00, I get my two hours or so of hands-free-grownup time. This, of course, means knitting. (except when I accidentally manage to get myself off to sleep before 9:00 while lying down with the baby "just for a minute") I've started a new pair of socks. Mmmm, socks.
I also got a ball of Kathmandu DK to swatch for Cromarty. I wanted to start on the hemp baby sweater from "Weekend Knits" (Did I get that title right? I'm not sure, and I'm not checking because someone is going to sleep on my lap as I type.) but I misread the pattern and purchased one skein too few of the All Hemp 6. Am working on getting another, but they're out of that color, so I don't want to start until I find out if I can get more.

Regarding Cromarty swatching - the Kathmandu DK looks like it will work (the yardage is identical to the Rowan DDK originally used) but I had to go down from a size 5 needle to a 3. (and I usually get gauge on the first try) People weren't kidding when they said this has a "bullet proof" gauge. I'm a little concerned because I've read that this yarn grows when washed (washed swatches confirmed this) and I don't want a huge sweater. Particularly since it's a single-size pattern.

Currently listening to: Cake "Comfort Eagle"
Mmm, cake.

About me

  • I'm Sarah
  • From Pittsburgh, United States
My profile
www.flickr.com

Links