« Home | This entry is a placeholder of sorts. A longwinde... » | Now with 25% more randomness! » | What we've been up to, in pictures. » | I represented! » | There is a "For Sale" sign in my yard » | Urine big trouble » | Knitting Olympics, only one year late! » | Some assembly required » | Come again? » | I'm still here... »

I'm a spinner!

I spun for 2.5 remarkable hours tonight. I say remarkable because no one woke up screaming, and I didn't fall asleep. I'm getting the hang of this spinning thing!
I filled a bobbin with singles of creamy white wool/mohair blend (I think. . . Hey, Mom, what was that fiber content again? I think the tag got left at your house.) and very rarely was it kinky or lumpy. It feels like yarn and not twine. I really like the Ashford Kiwi, not that I have a whole lot of basis to compare it to, but the treadling is effortless and I find it very easy to control.
Now all I have to do is repeat it with another bobbin then it's on to learning to ply.

It's 75% wool and 25% mohair. It spins up nicely and the mohair helps the fiber to slip easily when you're learning to spin.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Sarah
  • From Pittsburgh, United States
My profile
www.flickr.com

Links