« Home | A mind like a steel trap » | Holy Hell » | Trick or Treat! » | If *insert name here* ain't sleeping, ain't nobody... » | I just did something I swore I'd never do. » | Must fight....the....urge... » | La la la la la » | Here I am » | Rite of passage » | Baby norgi and teething toes »

Just can't get ahead...

Over the weekend DH repaired the rotted kitchen subflooring and I cut all the pieces of WonderBoard for the floor. I had planned on mortaring them to the floor Monday night, but was knocked on my butt by the latest headplague courtesy of small children who have no concept of germs except as collector's items.

The kitchen is more torn up than usual on account of having the majority of items off the floor. This includes the removal of the bifold door that leads to the basement. I unwisely propped this door in the doorway yesterday evening to stop the draft coming from downstairs. This was unwise because the cat pushed it back over into the stove and now there's a stovecorner sized hole in the door. Stupid luann. Stupid cat. (Don't tell Anna I said that) Stupid cat owner.

A closer calculation reveals that we're going to need more tiles. I sort of expected this. A search for more tiles like the ones I've procured (for free, so no big loss if they must be scrapped) is ongoing but thusfar fruitless. (which makes sense - if I had successfully found the same tile, why would I still be searching?) Plan B is to get all new tiles. I'm flexible.

I'm really itching to finish the kitchen's messier bits so we can decorate for Christmas inside. I figured at the very least we (DH) could get the outside lights up. Turns out our icicle lights have seen a few too many winters. I stopped to get more on one of my many Home Deposit trips only to find they were out of clear ones. This was a great excuse to buck the trend and go with "swag" lights. DH just went to put them up and informed me that one box is clear and the other two are multicolored.

I can't win. I'm sick. I'm tired. There's way too much to do and not enough time to do it. The annoying goody-two-shoes angel on my right shoulder tells me I should remember what the season is all about and not stress over the little things. She reminds me that Christmas will come whether the kitchen has new flooring and intact walls or not.
Smarmy bitch.

About me

  • I'm Sarah
  • From Pittsburgh, United States
My profile
www.flickr.com

Links