« Home | A finished object » | What I did on my summer vacation » | File under: Things I really already knew but still... » | Knitter in training » | Totally unrelated items » | Summer weekend » | From the mouths of babes » | Who ate my addis?! » | I'm so tired I can taste it. » | Happy Thanksgiving »

Oh, yeah, more knitting.

I am tempted to tell you, the internets, of what just happened in our dining room. It involved the dog, and the baby, and a bath, and carpet cleaner, and a crate. Someday I will laugh about it. Today is just not that day.

Instead, I will tell you that I knit a quick mohair shawl out of some white mohair I got from "Norm from Anaheim" at the Knitters Festival. I had intended to make a scarf out of it, but just wasn't feeling the scarf vibe. Instead I made a basic garter-stitch triangular shawl with a lace edging from "Heirloom Knitting." The yarn was more cream colored, so I got pearly beads to add to the lace edging. The whole thing only took a few days since I knit it on 10.5s. It was entirely mediocre, so I never thought to take a picture of it until after it went to be auctioned off at the family reunion. Each year I plan a great project for the craft auction, then end up whipping up something quick the week of. *shrug* Maybe next year I'll have something to be more proud of. (but then I won't want to auction it off)

I still need to button-ify Baby Norgi. I know how I'm going to (try to) do it, and I picked up buttons, but I keep putting it off. I really want this one finished so I can gift it, but I really don't feel like dragging out the sewing machine.

And for now it will really have to wait because Claire tricked me into thinking she was sleeping and has since changed her mind.

*****************
Edited to add: Hey! I totally missed my blogiversary! Happy one year to Unreserved! I actually did stick with this thing! Here's to another year of enrapturing my audience (all three of them) with tales of knitting and baby poop.

About me

  • I'm Sarah
  • From Pittsburgh, United States
My profile
www.flickr.com

Links