« Home | Ash Wednesday » | Catching up with pictures » | Huh? » | Houston, we are go for heat » | Blatant refusal to acknowledge there are only 24 h... » | It's a toysplosion. » | Birthdays - check. May I please go back to work now? » | Christmas - check. On to birthdays! » | Twas the night before the night before the night b... » | I was expecting this »

I figured as much

I really didn't think I'd find the fabric for the girls' Easter dresses at JoAnn's castle of polar fleece, and I was right. I'll have to order it online and cross my fingers that I like the feel of what I get.
I did, however, get fabric to make myself a dress. I'm not sure how I feel about the fabric I chose, though. I'm having a hard time feeling the "spring dress" vibe when it's snowing and blowing outside.

This has been one of those weekends for doing all the little random things that you've been meaning to get to. Things like organizing the sewing drawer, hanging pictures, and doing taxes. I don't mind doing the taxes, thanks to a year of house monkey business and itemized deductions. Things that don't get too involved (like painting), as Mr. Unreserved is feeling poorly again. This is an odd and wicked year for viruses.

A year ago, if I remember correctly, we had made an offer on the house with the contingency that we had to sell our old house. Around this time we got a phone call that there was another offer on the house with no contingency, and we thought we had missed our chance. We were crushed. Then we found out that we still had a chance to drop the contingency, and so were back in the running. It was just the first emotionally charged portion of that long, drawn out adventure. The whole experience has imprinted on my subconscious, apparently. Last night I dreamed of touring a huge tumble-down old house. It had a bizzare rec room in the basement made to look like the inside of a municipal bus, and upstairs was a maze of odd rooms with crumbling brick floors. I was grateful to wake in our own house, with its crooked wooden floors and missing ceilings.

About me

  • I'm Sarah
  • From Pittsburgh, United States
My profile
www.flickr.com

Links