« Home | Kids say the darndest things » | And to all a good night » | Home improvement ahoy! » | Slow but progress » | Just can't get ahead... » | A mind like a steel trap » | Holy Hell » | Trick or Treat! » | If *insert name here* ain't sleeping, ain't nobody... » | I just did something I swore I'd never do. »

Happy Birthday(s) to my girlies!

There are pros and cons to having one's children within a week or so of Christmas. Yesterday was Birthdayapalooza. Anna turned three (technically tomorrow) and Claire is now one year old. If I thought our house was buried under toys before, I was mistaken. I actually went through Toys R We looking for something to get Claire that she didn't already have and it was difficult. Is this too much consumerism? (don't answer that) I am powerless to stop it. I couldn't very well say, "Sorry, kid. Between the toys we already had around here from your sister and the ones you got a week ago, we figure you're all set so no present for you." Actually I could have. Claire's one. She wouldn't know the difference, but I couldn't live with myself. So now both girls are all stocked up for 2007.

Speaking of the new year, I will now do the in-blogger thing and share with you my resolutions for 2007:
I resolve not to make any resolutions for 2007.


I started knitting a pair of Jaywalkers. I got past the heel, tried it on, and found out it was too tight. Off to the frogpond with ye, Jaywalker! I must make them in the near future, though, because the girls each have their own already.

I started a second Debbie Bliss baby shrug. This is my first time knitting a pattern twice, I guess that means I liked it. It's quick, simple, doesn't use boatloads of yarn, and makes a cute sweater. It is destined either for gifting, if friend's mystery baby turns out to be the female variety, or for Claire since the first one ended up fitting Anna.

I anticipate more pictures in the future, as we got a snazzy new camera for Christmas and am promised quick and simple uploads. Wheeeee!

I have knitting envy. I am still working on a simple scarf. Time, time, where have you gone?!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Sarah
  • From Pittsburgh, United States
My profile
www.flickr.com

Links